Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Hope, Peace Stewardship

WHERE DOES ONE TURN FOR HOPE & PEACE IN STEWARDSHIP

“Mothers have a sacred role. They are partners with God, as well as with their own husbands, first in giving birth to the Lord's spirit children and then rearing those children so they will serve the Lord and keep his commandments.

...Motherhood is a holy calling, a sacred dedication for carrying out the Lord's work, a consecration and devotion to the rearing and fostering, the nurturing of body, mind, and spirit of those who kept their first estate and who came to this earth for their second estate to learn and be tested.”
Spencer W. Kimball



In the weeee hours of the morning I had the remembrance of the annoyance I used to feel when my mother would get on her sad, martyred beat herself up soap box!  Cryin in her beer so to say about what a failure she was.  I had no empathy with or for her.

She would carry the burdens of the world on her shoulders and I thought for no reason at all.  She could not save the world, everybody in it or even her kids.  "Whatever mom" I would say to her, "they are all grown people, they decide they made the choice to live how they are ... not you - you can't do anything about that".

Well I tend to do the same thing now, so I guess I'm at least having empathy with her.  I worry about so many things that I can't control but like her mostly that I am a failure because of other peoples actions.  Which leads me to my AH HA Moment at the Weeeee hour of the Morning, I heard myself saying to her, "they are grown up people, they decide they make the coice to live how they are living".

All I can say is I did what I could when I could. I try not to be a hypocrite and I strive to teach of Christ and His teachings.  Now I pray.  For to think about it too long throws a person into deep despair - right where darkness grows darker and if dwelt upon I see more names than I can bare the burden of.  I want to have Hope and peace and not make myself crazy for “To be a righteous woman during the winding up scenes on this earth, before the second coming of our Savior, is an especially noble calling... She has been placed here to help to enrich, to protect, and to guard the home--which is society's basic and most noble institution.” ― Spencer W. Kimball

SHORT AND SWEET just a little AH HA moment!

 http://www.lds.org/ensign/2013/02/a-word-for-the-hesitant-missionary?lang=eng&query
http://www.lds.org/liahona/2013/02/balancing-truth-and-tolerance?lang=eng&query
http://www.lds.org/liahona/2013/02/balancing-truth-and-tolerance?lang=eng&query

No comments: