Monday, February 25, 2013

Music was! Music is. Music Will be????

Music Can Control You!

When My Sister Died the music in my life faded, when my brother Tom died the music in my life died right along with him.  I did not listen to any music for 1 or maybe 2 years!  The crisis of 2012 had the total opposite reaction!  I not only listened to but bought tons of tunes! So my question is; in our numbness what is it that we need or search for about the music in our lives?   Today out on a drive I had the thought I need to find new tunes! I need to find music with no association!  Music that doesn't speak memories, but that might start fresh memories.  I need a spark!

Music gets in your head it can control your thoughts without your awareness.  WOW! I hated it when I used to hear that.  Why we don't listen to people that are wiser and in "the know" I'll never understand!!!

I'm not sure where to go with the thought I had this morning - what music is there left to listen to that won't have association and if so what association can bring back a spark?
I, being raised totally on Old School "Western" and rebelling with Hard Rock and loving the music of my older kids in the 90's and bonding with the music of my younger kids in this new century!
I found this on a web site linked below -


Here are the results of his findings, as recorded on the Heriot-Watt University webpage:
  • Indie fans have low self-esteem and are not very hard-working, but are creative.
  • Heavy metal fans are very creative and at ease with themselves, but not very outgoing or hard-working.
  • Rap fans have high self-esteem and are outgoing.
  • Dance fans are creative and outgoing, but not very kind or generous.
  • Country and western fans are very hardworking and outgoing.
  • Reggae fans have high self-esteem and are creative, outgoing, kind, generous and at ease with themselves, but are not very hardworking.
  • Classical music lovers have high self-esteem and are creative and at ease with themselves, but are not outgoing.
  • Blues fans have high self-esteem and are creative, outgoing and at ease with themselves.
  • Rock 'n' roll fans have high self-esteem and very creative, hardworking and at ease with themselves, but are not very kind or generous.

Anything sound familiar?  WOW!
So I begin my search.  Wish me luck!   Ok nothing on the charts - top 11 itunes will work!  Some of it goes right into the before mentioned categories some is just not me, never was never will be!!!  Searching has lead me to ...  Bauer, Neon Trees and The Killers (Indie on the list above)... but, well I'm in my 50's!???  Maybe I'll go back to Ray Price! or learn to love R and B (not even on the list above)???  buscar maƱana




Ok this morning I heard it!  I'm sticking with country - minus the relationships! IDK is that possible?!!!  
I love the old FAITH, WYNONNA, REBA, GARTH, GEORGE, SHANIA, TOBY and ALAN!  Yep, I was Happy in Roswell!!!!!


1 comment:

Write for the generations! said...

So yesterday I was out pulling weeds and took my playlist with me ... haven't listened to music while I work in a very long time. I used to listen to very sad heart wrenching depressing songs. I choose to not do that any more...I believe it proved to be a self fulfilling prophecy! Listen to POSITIVE upbeat non depressant music - A MUST!