Thursday, February 21, 2013

Restraint

"There are limits to self indulgence, but none to self restraint." Gandhi



Restraint does not just exist, or not exist for Sex, Drugs and Rock'nRoll.  What? 

When you don't know what to do with yourself - what do you do?  
When you don't know what to say or how to respond  - what do you say?



Believe it or not - I reserve a lot of my opinion and don't ALWAYS say or write everything I'm doing, saying or thinking.  I write because I think maybe I've learned something to help someone else, not because I am scholarly or an English Writing Major, but because I love people - even though I do or don't always use restraint in saying how stupid we, as a people  'can be'!  So todays thought is what my Daddy would have always told me - "Silence is Golden - in other words Shut Up and Get Rich"!  although he also used to tell me "how ugly I was when I cried" and that I "was worth my weight in Salt, which ain't much". I guess he might not have been the perfect example of Restraint!   
 Oh Dad, I miss you even after all these years.

"The path of peace is not a passive journey. It takes incredible strength not to open a can of 'whoop-ass', justifiably, when ones button is pushed."  -Hodge




I'll use Restraint and end on this note:



I like it for lots of reasons but today because it goes along with my theme for the year = Exert yourself, be considerate!

"When Restraint and courtesy are added to strength, the latter becomes irresistible."   Gandhi

No comments: