Friday, March 04, 2011

Family Ties

Looking at family history is interesting and totally brings me to tears!  I spent the morning watching "Who do you think you are?"    It doesn't matter to me who it is that the story is about, my heart swells at the things that they find out about their heritage.  Plus you learn so much about history (just plain ole history) when you study genealogy!


Talking to the FAMILY each one somewhere else in on the conversation:
Apryl "You cannot get up at 6 in the morning if you are not going to be nice because you are are being a Butt Head!!! Vaughn "A Butt Head?!"  
Ayris "i think you need to go to bed earlier so that you can be nice"
Vaughn "Ayris I think you should just go to bed"
Apryl "I leave in 42 days!"
Gage  "Hi Ayris"
AJ "Hi Pax"
Apryl "that was Gage"
AJ "oh Hi Gage!"

I love my family, how awesome is it that I can be skyping, texting, on the phone with and on the computer with all of my kids at once!
Tonight is Amric's Stage Manager "Wizard of OZ" !!!  He is a technology Wizard!!!!  It is also getting ready to SNOW!!!! 
I'm so glad that it's 62 in Vegas!!! and that the temp is falling fast here in O!

Yesterday my hubby sweet thing that he is was having a discussion with my daughter about the idea of setting a good example.  Back story: Back in the day when I worked outside the home I would often say  "going out with the girls after work"... they would be drinking, "but I was just having a soda".  Today's story: Yesterday this was what the hubby said!!! It's been awhile since I've heard the arguement "birds of a feather flock together", "people judge you by who and what and where you are without asking questions!", and/or  "it's not you I don't trust" etc. etc. etc. 
  I remember the day when I would hear that people were judging me, and my prideful attitude would create something then for them to talk about.  Silly me!!! 
 I'm sure my Mother was shouting "Hooray!" up there in heaven yesterday ...
the punch line is, It was the child saying it to the parent this time. 
I learned the hard way that this isn't the way to go about life, I hope and PRAY that he doesn't have to learn it AGAIN too!   So if you're going out with people after work, don't be surprised if it looks like you are doing the same thing they are - DRINK MILK?!?!  Sometimes some of us have to wear a shirt that states what we believe so others "get it" and we have created a wall of protection or advertising!!!

Some reasons I choose to blog DAILY are to leave a history for my family, to communicate that which I believe in to others I know and the ones that are willing to read that I don't know.  I'd really hope to help someone who might randomly read my stories to not be inconsistent, to be lost or to waste time in darkness.  The things that are happening for me because of my choice to blog DAILY are... I'm falling in love with my husband all over again being more grateful for him than I knew that I was. AND I am being reminded that without my foundation in a belief system of Jesus Christ, the atonement and the Hope of redemption I would have no direction or focus in life.  I would feel so left alone without family or friends without genealogy, the WORD and my testimony of the great plan of Happiness.

1 comment:

Write for the generations! said...

Ayris Sister Dibbs talked about a tshirt like unto this one today at conference.