Wednesday, March 16, 2011

decisions...decide to decide

Today in 1996 my journal notes are from a Know Your Religion (Gene Cook) I went to it with friends in Chehalis WA!

So from that entry I get today's blog...

First of all FRIENDS!  I miss having friends to go do things with.  Sunday someone spoke from the pulpit explaining that it took 3 years for them to feel like they fit into the ward and have friends, and now they feel like they are suppose to move so they are putting their house on the market this week.  I feel the same way.  How do we change that 3 year mark.  We need to make friends, be friendly faster so much time is wasted wishing we "fit in".  I am striving to change this about myself, it's tuff.  I actually went up to people and said "my name and what's yours" at the dinner on Friday last!  WAY WAY WAY out of my comfort zone!

Second we speak of inspiration, making choices, Decisions! Deciding on how, when and why to do things.  Elder Cook gave 3 directions on this
  1. Be humble
  2. Be Temperance
  3. Be committed or COMMIT to it.

In the Book of Mormon the scripture reads  2 Nephi 32 :3-5
3Angels speak by the power of the Holy Ghost; wherefore, they speak the words of Christ. Wherefore, I said unto you, feast upon the words of Christ; for behold, the words of Christ will tell you all things what ye should do.
 4Wherefore, now after I have spoken these words, if ye cannot understand them it will be because ye ask not, neither do ye knock; wherefore, ye are not brought into the light, but must perish in the dark.
 5For behold, again I say unto you that if ye will enter in by the way, and receive the Holy Ghost, it will show unto you all things what ye should do.

My thought is if we then are prompted to move, or whatever the choice is that we are making things should be so secure in our minds and hearts that we aren't questioning it, instead we are free to not worry about our comfort zone and only going and doing, shaking hands, being friends showing confidence in our trust of making the right choice.

Elder Cook points out that we will feel our minds enlightened, and therein have peace, the holy ghost will fill our soul with Joy.  At the beginning of this school year Amric and Ayris both got a blessing from Dad, we like to call them "Back to School Blessings".  Ayris was promised that if she would go to YSA, look after her mom, pray and read her scriptures, if she would work and make a decision about school that she then would know what she should do.  I have watched her work thru this process.  I have been blessed to see how going down a road and having the road meet a fork and then she would regroup kinda start over and pray again making a choice to go down the fork one way or the other, she has been blessed with all of the blessings promised her in that blessing, I feel because she honored her parents, she reads and prays, she wants to keep the commandments. It's kinda amazing to see the comfirmations that she has received as each baby step has been taken AND to see how she was stopped along the way being led another direction, because that road is the wrong one!!!   Elder cook commented "If you think you haven't received an answer to your prayers Make a decision that you feel is best and the Lord will sustain.  These choices need to be based on correct and good principles."  Note to self, it's easier too watching someoneelse doing it than making choices for myself!  Apply knowledge!

I know that we are suppose to be in Omaha, NE.  I know that we are really grateful in this economy to have work and that I can still be home tending those who come and go is a GREAT blessing, one that we choose and thru thick and thin have committed to and for that I am grateful to Heavenly Father and to my Richie!  I know that being home as much as possible and loving my kids is most important to keeping us together as a family.  It's been tuff, it started out way out of my comfort zone.  I believe it's easier to go to work (for me!).

The moral of the story today is ... Be humble, temperant, comitted.  Make a choice and MOVE on it. Listen for answers.  Step out into the darkness trusting that God will guide you.  Get out of your comfort zone and make friends.  When we moved to Arizona when I was 4 it's been told to me that my sister didn't want to go to church because she being a senior in high school didn't know anyone I told her "Strangers are just friends we haven't met yet"!!  Me, I said that - the one who has a comfort zone and is totally fearful of the phone.  Fear is created and let to happen. Don't be fearful. Step off!!!
  


2 comments:

Marissa said...

That's exactly what I needed today. Thanks for being close to the Spirit and acting on your promptings.

Write for the generations! said...

so... I guess now, I'm following up on my own blogs!!! it's hilarious that I am now talking to myself for real!!!!

I just want to update ..
Last night my daughter met a new friend on this road that she travels it actually was so much fun, she wondered why now? And I of course just want to document it!!! Maybe I am finding a way to blog in the present, because my DAILY blogs are suppose to be coming from the past!!!!