Thursday, February 10, 2011

Pocorn and Soda the small things that bring me down! Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise. Alma 37:6


let's talk about food!!!
So well you  know me it's Feb 10th! I'm still striving to eat right (right for me)!!!  Why is it that when I tell myself that I cannot eat popcorn, I find myself binging on popcorn like I am afraid I will NEVER EVER be allowed to eat popcorn again!!!???? and why is it when I tell someone that I believe in something or that I tried something good and it worked, the next hour minute or day I will for sure be tested to see if I really do believe that?  For instance... When I say a prayer to eat right before my day starts..it usually is a good day on that regard!  OR  when I make a commitment to write on my blog "Daily" then the computer Internet goes out and throws me off my directive!!!!  What about this; "Yes I walk and I think walking is important to my health" ...it is 30 below, I'm not walkin'!!!!  And let's not even talk about a budget for food!  Or let's.  Why is eating healthy is so darn much more expensive than eating white flour, white sugar and white pasta based foods that can come directly out of my food storage?!  How do people budget and feed their families? No wonder we all weigh too much, for to only eat protein and a green ... is just too darn costly! 

I'm winding down to ONE year here on my new eating program, and On March first I will do a full report (but shhhh don't tell anyone OR something will get in my way of making a full disclosure and helping me to know if it's actually done any good at all!!!).  I think I have for sure learned moderation in all things. Willpower is essential but prayer is a great absolute - a must FOR ME to be able to recover from any and all addiction.  I'm not sure yet of all the triggers, but I know they are there.  I am not positive of all the reasons I eat, but I know I don't just eat because I like the food for instance; I don't really like and I fully believe that diet drinks are not good for me, yet I want to drink a soda. I never drank soda as a youth, but since my sister and mother, My Aunt and my Uncle all had sugar diabetes I have switched from regualr soda to the lesser of the two evils - even though my good sense tells me somewhere deep inside to just not drink it, for the sake of health and the budget!!!

Well I guess I found one of my addictions caffeine.  But really In my mind I will never be able to truly do without caffeine...it's in too many things.  I have always had the head aches of my Father, and Excedrin is the only cure.  And I won't ever stop eating chocolate... So what is the answer - just what I ask!???!?  Moderation in all things and to never start anything that has any kind of addictive chemical in it, wait! I think I've heard that before - "Eat nutritious food, exercise regularly, and get enough sleep. When you do all these things, you remain free from harmful addictions and have control over your life. You gain the blessings of a healthy body, an alert mind, and the guidance of the Holy Ghost. … Any drug, chemical, or dangerous practice that is used to produce a sensation or ‘high’ can destroy your physical, mental, and spiritual well-being. These include hard drugs, prescription or over-the-counter medications that are abused, and household chemicals.  We do not want to harm our mortal bodies, for they are a gift from God, and part of our Heavenly Father’s great plan of happiness is the reuniting of our immortal bodies with our spirits." well that is just one of the many sources I found in a talk by L.Tom Perry

Anyway I did not have any intention of talking out my need for speed here and now, but since I have maybe it will motivate and help me in my effort to resist.  To recognize and admit that a stimulant is only a depressant and a trigger to crave more carbs!!!  I will eat more healthy, have willpower and discipline in my care of my body and not sit and pig out on Popcorn as I did yesterday!!!!   WISH ME LUCK!!!!!

1 comment:

Write for the generations! said...

Today I heard that integrity is living what you know for yourself to be true. I gotta work on that one.