Friday, February 11, 2011

We talk to those who talk to us

I have the thought today that Heavenly Father might like it when we talk to Him often.
As a daughter I called home daily after I moved away from home.  As a wife I tell my husband everyday that I love him. As a parent, I strive to tell my kids all the time how important they are and that I love them and to Always Remember who they are.  I work to keep in touch with my few relatives left on this earth. It's frustrating and lonely to not have that connection.  When we want something is it then and only then that God hears us or sees us on our knees?  How grateful He must be if we check in often, if we Pray always and give thanks ALWAYS and not just when we want something.


Which leads me to a time we were moving from Coos Bay Oregon to Mesa Arizona.  We were driving a HUGE U-Haul truck thru San Francisco - have you driven through San Fransisco?  We were loaded down looking like a heavy duty Semi Truck going UP one of those hills in San Fran. we hit a red light.  When the light changed we put it into gear to go and the truck would not budge.  We were WAY to heavy to be in the predicament!  Our first response as a couple was to panic and call for help, but we look over and our babies 1st and 2nd grade had their heads bowed, their eyes closed and their arms folded...their first response was to pray to God to ask for help to please help the truck move forward UP this hill.  Huby and I look at eat other, smile feel dumb that it wasn't our first response and the quickly say thank you Heavenly Father for ALL our blessings.  The truck started to move and we had a safe trip through the rest of the city, with this experience we learned that we should always turn to Heavenly Father both to ask and in gratitude.

My momma taught me to say thank you.  To finish the thought that I had today, I believe we talk to people who talk back.  We need to talk back to interact with those around us.

No comments: