Friday, March 25, 2011

As God as MY Witness!!!

So today in the Daily's I am reminded of the day I took Apryl and Austin to a Day Care place for day two!  They'd only been to this lady once, and day two was not going to happen if they could help it.  I was on my way to work it was Tempe Arizona...100 degrees and Austin was crying his eyes out.  He begged me, without the tears to not take him back to this place of childcare.  HE talked to me as a grown-up at the age of 3, then he had Apryl turn on the tears!  Then he cried in a way that I just knew that he was not just being a spoiled kid not wanting to go to nursery.   On the way over to day care my Gremlin broke down and there we were HOT, Broken, and hungry and I swear I literally raised my arm (just like Scarlett) to the sky and yelled "As God as my witness I'll never be poor and hungry and take my kids to day care again!!!!" - [my version of that Gone with the Wind quote!]

Well I didn't take my kids to that lady ever again but it was the day we sat down and set the goal for me to be home and not have to go to work outside the home any more.  That woman yelled at me that day telling me I had to leave them, she was counting on that income. Really?!  I just grabbed them and we ran...walking down the streets of Tempe Arizona!

It was a day that, (even with me not really doing things I should have been doing) I knew the spirit spoke to me for the sake of my children and said WAKE UP girl your babies need you - that is a bad place for day care and you need to get your act together.  Listen to the spirit.  I can indeed witness that there is a reason we have been counseled to LISTEN. 

"Spirituality is learning how to listen to the Spirit and then letting it govern our lives."-Carol B Thomas
Nothing is more important than to parent with real intent our babies. (to me anyway!)

2 comments:

Angie Larkin said...

OH Amen and Amen. What a terrible but great day that must have been. I remember when I had to go to iffy daycare places as a kid and I hated it. Then we all got chicken pox at the same time and my mom's boss wouldn't let her have the time off to take care of us, so she had to quit and I was the HAPPIEST itchy little girl ever. I was so glad to have my mom home.

Gremlins are the ugliest cars on earth:) I mean that with love.

Write for the generations! said...

So I'm not saying that my kids only went to one day of DARE CARE! But this was a consequence of one place that I just grabbed after a move to a new city. I unfortunaletly did work for 3 years. I always wonder why I did work, when I being a latch key kid was always opposed to it and wanted to not be a working mom. I guess money talks!

and my gremlin was the BOMB! I paid 900 dollars cash and it didn't have a back sit in it when I bought it, so I put a pillow chair back there!!! I rocked!!!