Sunday, January 23, 2011

technology vs paper a memory is a memory it should be safely guarded

I am convinced that technology does NOT like me!!!
yesterday I went to Walmart to get some pics developed off my phone. I ended up deleting them!
I went to Mormon.org to share with the world that YES in fact I do have a testimony of Jesus Christ and it apparently doesn't want me to share with anyone.  I am on review and have been asked to not link my account to fb or my newly created and nonDAILY blog!
I attempted to buy with my christmas itunes card Blake Sheltons new album and was told the connection is not retreiving or some nonsense!!! So now I sit and wonder do I try again? will it download later? Have I charged my account 3 times trying to buy it anyway!??!?!?!?  Then I tried for hours to skype with my daughter and no ... I guess my computer doesn't know how to talk to the line that talks to her!?!?!:(

I like my paper!!!
I so I turned to my dailys from jan 1991...
"We are reading and having scripture club regularly!!! Austin is the offical policeman!! He has the responsibility to wake Apryl and I up!!! Apryl has attended 23 out of 31 times! I promised the kids a surprised to the one who came the most! I bought Austin a sweater and he got a candy bar for acheiving all of his other PMI Personal Mom Interview) goals.  Apryl didn't get anything for either! So to avoid the tears I bought the 'surprises' for Feb already and showed them to her (a cute flowered pair of pants and neon t-shirt).  Apryl just lit up!  looking forward in my paper journal, she came 100%!!!  of the time.  To help her get to sleep so that she can get up better we put her bunk bed above austins in his room...she is now falling asleep within the half hour instead of after 11pm!    Maybe with her she has to see the reward and not just be tempted by one!?!?!  How do I prepare her for life...spritiual and/or temporal rewards are not going to be seen before she acts on obedience!  Doesn't she know that??  Austin is kicking my Butt! He gets up showers and then wakes up Apryl and I, my next goal...to be up before the boy!  Isn't the mom suppose to wake up the kids and not the kids wake up the mom!?!?!?!? can I say "I have a baby!? it's her fault?!?"  She wants to watch the war and Hunter returns all night long!
Now I have tried to add this to my blog and it did some HTML faillure thing!!! It is not my week for technology!!!!  and to add to that I just realized that since I returned from visiting Austin and his family history is repeating itself....Amric is now waking me up,  not me waking him up!!!  things have come full circle .... OR HAVE THEY???
I'm grateful for my journals and the memories they help me visualize!

1 comment:

Apryl said...

Mom that sounds like a bad week! I love you and loved this journal entry. I'm still a terrible early riser.