Friday, December 07, 2012

31 Days of 31 Christmas' - 1987

This letter was written, but not mailed...

 1987 Christmas at Nannys' ... Because we didn't have an address!!!! 
Richard's dad died in July on the 27th (heart attack).  Richard had finally mended fences with his family and spoken with his Father for about 2 hours the night before he died.  We bought the SOBCZAK MOTOR HOME in March.  In May I went to work part time and we entered the program for foster children.  On the way home from the funeral in Oregon - well that's a very long story, to cut it short we had to rent a car to get home.  When we returned Richard had no job.  He turned around and went to Oregon to live and help his mom, the kids and I got an apt. I went back to work full time.  I was on my own.  
Over the next 3 months I learned what commitment meant, who is willing to be, and who wants to be committed.  I was asked to teach Relief Society twice a month - the lessons were on Marriage.  I will always be in debt to Liana Willis for allowing me, in my awful state to teach about Marriage, ---those lessons converted me - I had to get my act together.  
Richard came home to visit at Halloween, he had a mask on knocked on when he knocked on the door, and when the kids answered he scared the crap out of them!  Austin would hardly go to him the rest of his visit!  
Thanksgiving I took Nanny and the kids and went to Mexico it was the most enjoyable relaxing trip...I love it there.  
When we returned I starting packing things up to go and be with my husband in Washington.  He came home for Christmas and Christmas night we loaded up the Ryder Truck and headed out. But before we left, getting that van of ours on the trailer that was too narrow -- it was a nightmare, not a good way to start off our "Fresh Start"!  I swear I'll never deal with Richard and tow trailers of any sort ever again!  
On the way North we stopped to visit Grandma Joan and Grandpa Sam and went to Gramma Judys in Eugene.  

Immediately after crossing the Columbia River into Washington we picked up the Toyota, which was at Vic and Wades and when we got to our new home we found that Santa had been there and set up the cutest little "charlie Brown tree" for us. 
 Christmas is a great time of the year for "fresh Starts",  recognizing the Savior acknowledging we need Him and being with FAMILY.  Im totally going to miss my family in Arizona, but am anxious to start again with my  family here in Washington.  

Pioneer Day, Halloween, New Apt, Single Parent


Foster Kids, Work Party, Austin

Halloween, Richard, Dewitts, Apryl, Austin
Crocodile Dundee, Warrior Princess
Alicia School Project of the Sobczak Heritage

Alicia, Randy, Ron and Kids
Funeral, Oregon what a trip!







We have this Christmas sock tradition it is to put in our socks in writing on christmas eve a gift that we can give to Jesus over the coming year

this year these were those gifts...
  • Austin - Be a Good Sport - if I loose a game still play again)! 
  • Apryl - be worthy to be baptized.  Learn the Articles of Faith. 
  • Mom - Develop more Patience.  Not loose my temper so easy.
  • Dad -Be more prayerful to make certain of decisions that are being made.


I mentioned that Austin wrote about experiences in his life in his class in 1997... this one is about the Family Trip to Granpa Sobczaks Funeral....


the Sobczak Motor Home and Granada!

No comments: