Saturday, March 19, 2011

Music that leaves a memory!

Isn't music an interesting "thing"?  what is music anyway?  The dictionary says it can be an art.
Using art then I reveiw my life in music...my life in song;   Ray Price- For the Good Times, Eddy Arnold - the Last word in Lonesome is me, Barbara Streisand - People, Waylon and Willie singing Mamas don't let your babies grow up to be cowboys!, Johnny Cash, Merle Haggard, Loretta, And of course George, Van Morrison, Neil Young, Bob Dylan, Kris Kristofferson
Bob Seger - Night Moves, The BeeGees!!!!Tom Petty - Refugee, ELO, Jethro Tull, Peter Frampton, I guess I'll throw in a little Areosmith!, Journey, Styx, Bread, KISS, RodStewart, Bread,  On the Road again!, Highwayman - Highwaymen!,  REO, No Doubt, Matchbox 20, Pearl Jam, Wallflowers, Garth, Toby, Alan and then today... well I thought the 80's were bad!  Today I can't think of anyone I really could die for!!!

So as I reminisce thru music tonight on You Tube!!!! I can't find One song or even one genre of music that defines me!  It makes me smile, cry, Remember.  What I remember maybe being the problem or the not!  My thought today is BE CAREFUL the music you put into your brain...it stays there and never leaves!!!!

"Music is an important and powerful part of life. It can be an influence for good that helps you draw closer to Heavenly Father. However, it can also be used for wicked purposes. Unworthy music may seem harmless, but it can have evil effects on your mind and spirit.
"Choose carefully the music you listen to. Pay attention to how you feel when you are listening. Don't listen to music that drives away the Spirit, encourages immorality, glorifies violence, uses foul or offensive language, or promotes Satanism or other evil practices."


Today I heard a quartet of violins play The Lord Is My Shepherd it was beautiful and touched my heart.  Wouldn't it be nice to just have those kinds of feelings, memories to Remember.  To this memory I add Primary Colors, I am a child of God, Tell me the Stories of Jesus and I know the Scriptures are True.

No comments: