Sunday, March 20, 2011

Today sucked!

General Conference is coming up.  Like King Benjamin President Thomas S. Monson
(not OMonson!! like my primary class called him today!) will talk to us. Be prepared. 

I heard two thoughts today that I'm tossin' around, need to process and then Please God, help me GO and DO.

1.  When we tell ourselves we are "too fat",  or other such defeatest attitudes that start with "I cannot" ... that is Satan.  He does not have a body (he choose that) but anyway he is jealous of the fact that we do have bodies so he wants us to fail and he uses the body as a tool to bring us down.

2.  Stamina is in the mind more than the body.  I can't remember if I heard it on Amazing Race or Celebrity Apprentice, none the less -- It rings true.  I keep thinking I can't keep up, it's in my head first then I act on that thought.. I know that, I teach that.  But after today at primary, I'm not sure I can, do or ever will again teach anything to anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am not going into all this just leaving it there.  Think about it.

1 comment:

Marissa said...

The TOP 10 Things Sister Sobczak Taught Me (in no particular order):
1. I CAN receive revelation.
2. I AM important.
3. If I want to...I can.
4. Emotions are good. They make us who we are. We just have to focus on the positive ones.
5. Traditions..positive and uplifting ones..are a good thing.
6. Family first.
7. Covenants aren't something we do. Covenants are who we are.
8. Always write things down.
9. Your family roots are a lot deeper than you think. Prosperity is important.
10. The scriptures TRULY speak to us.

You're an amazing teacher. I hope you know that.