Friday, April 07, 2017

April My Happiness Project Phase 1

April MyHappinessProject

Finances

Interestingly enough taxation and #MyHappinessProject align in the month of April!!!  As I have considered this topic I have arrived at the word Budget which leads me to columns which leads to pluses and minuses or debits and credit or gains and losses.  As I ponder this I am led to all the things that go under these sub headings and into the said columns!  death and taxes, Money and calories, credit cards and cash, weight and self image, sit ups and push ups, walking and running, screen time and what I eat - the columns can go on and on... do you see where I am going with this?

Last month I got lost in the big world of "thinking and considering", without the specific task to do, although I did learn things and I will apply them to my lifestyle and resolutions I continueing to work on them.  I need actual, specific things to budget and account for.  There it is  - the word, the other word I ran into in my pondering - Accountability. Without kids, without a job, without a real schedule to keep, without a chur  ch responsibility well,  I have no accountability!  This silly blog has proven to be my accountability this year giving me the checks and balances of my present circumstance.  And so as I like to say; Thus we see...   I need to get real here and actually be accountable for my columns in life. set some real goals / #resolutions....  her is how I'm going to approach that.

Phase 1 is 21 days  (remember my old blog enteries 21 days 21 days at a time. #Endure
1. track money spent
2. track what I eat   
3. track how much I move 

that is it!   no more than that or I won't do any of it them.  I also realize I am pretty good at tracking.  The next step will be writing down what I AM GOING TO DO and then doing it!  this is where my Sub (spiritual) Happiness Project topic comes in Humility and why I have to track these things first,  because I can't say I'm going to this or that - since I have no accountability. I don't know where to start. I am giving myself 21 days to find a starting point and then to re-evaluate and do the hard thing that is to set the limits and then be accountable. 


Personal side note; I dated a few guys in my time as they fell away no one ever REALLY said why (and thus we see I have a few attachment issues) anyway One young man did say. His name was Glenn and he told me he couldn't marry me because "I wouldn't endure".  Isn't it funny such a small thing would stick with me and echo in my head constantly for all these years.  OR IS IT!        I have always applied it to church, and I hate to admit that ya, maybe I had my non enduring moments, but 98% of the time I always WANTED to ENDURE and that really does help, the "want to", the "desire to".  But this is the other thing I learned in the early month MyHappinessProject research, I don't endure in finances for sure, but I may have other issues I'm not enduring in too, like; diet and exercise.  For instance because of my tracking (Phase 1) I noticed I drink alot of Coke Zero.  Too much soda for me. I came to the conclusion that I needed to STOP.  So I haven't had a soda for a week when I weighed in this morning I had gained 3 pounds.  My thinking is with no soda I should have had a loss in that column not a gain!!! Now I just want to go have a soda, and thus we see my lack of endurance. 
In Phase 2 I will make the accountability happen, after the initial 21 days of tracking and enduring with said topics, I have to evaluate and set reasonable achievable new goals /#resolutions to be accountable for in my ledger of columns with the headings of; budgeting money, calories, movement and time.  

Here we go !!!!  Who knew Finances and humility would lead me here?!!!!




For Review #MyHappinessProject Resolutions already executed to continue to build on

NOV
1. Be Healthy  I am putting into action no snacking.   Drink my shakes for meals. Move everyday. 

DEC
2. Family History
4 years one month at a time and continue the search.

JAN
3. Civility
Mostly I am "working" at Keeping it together this month. "KeepItTogether""KeepItTogether""KeepItTogether"!

3b. Scripture study His Words Keep reading everyday everyday everyday.  I can only ___________ Me! (Insert word control, save, etc etc etc!)
4 books and the parables

FEB
4. Joy
I don't know what to do here. Throw it all away, give it all away or garage sell it all?   Keep it or move it? because of my lack of ability to make a choice on this I have only reorganized and re labeled.
The life changing magic of tidying up.  

4b. Repentance
I do need this everyday. 

MAR
5. Mindfulness  BE mindful of what I am "certain of"...  Back to my basic question of yester year "What is the One thing today that I stand for, would fight for, believe in?"  Be Certain what kind of Character I have, portray and want to build on. 

5b. Procrastination set some goals.  achieve them.  I got my pocket watch to wear around my neck, like Emmaline!!!  It will remind me of the words "but for a very short time."  Make Time count!

No comments: