Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Best Wishes for my Friend....


Urlene - Happy Birthday

Today March 13th  is the birthday of my first best friend.  First best friends are like your first love, never forgotten and lots of memories.  I'd like to share a couple of memories, I actually have so many but some silly ones go like this! 
urlene,kelly,renee
urlene at my wedding

  • We would like to play primary!  I would always want to be the chorister and make Urlene play the ironing board (piano!). 
  • Mom would always leave me a list of chores and I would bribe her to do some of them and pay her with penny's that my Dad kept in a paper sack! 

  • We went to Primary on Wed after school the bus would drop us off there at the church  and when it was over we would walk home! It was so fun!  We (with Debbie) would stop at "Kennys Hamburger Shop" and dance to the juke box!!! yes in front of the customers!!!

  • We would sit on the step by my brother Tom's room and sing.  Once we were singing "Popeye" I'm popeye the sailor man i live in a garbage can... Tom came out and and just yelled at us that he was going to put us in a garbage can if we didn't shut up!  We were scared and laughing all at the same time! 

  • We loved to go to our friends house and play like we were the "Monkees"  we knew ALL the songs!!! Hilarious!!!! 
  • we were always dressing up for something! Halloween, Pioneer Day, Christmas, Dances, Dancing, Choir, you name it!!!
  • We used to go TP new houses of guys we liked
  • we went to camp together

  • we locked all the doors and checked on the gas and water
  • I was so happy for her when she found happiness with Mike and they were married.

  • One of my favorite memories was our vacation to colorado with my mom.  What a whoot! We drove mom crazy with our songs and chatter!!!
  • I will always be grateful for Mike's friendship and the fact that he was there to baptize Richard.  Isn't that great that my best friend married a guy that was ready and willing to baptize my husband.

Fear the Fork!


  • When Austin wanted to check out ASU she was there for him and took him in and showed him the ropes!

I only have Good Memories.  Thanks for being a great and wonderful friend!!!!!
                                       Urlene, have a gr8 day!  
Hope you enjoy your family - I love that your girls and family are there for you!
Love you Urlene

No comments: