Thursday, September 22, 2011

"progress is not possible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.". Gbshaw

I have several days where I journal that I'm in bed with migraines. I remember in high school getting meds for them and the doctor teaching me to put ice in a tube sock and drape it around my neck to numb the pain. Then living in the dark with silence for 3 days!!!! These headaches seem to come from the McCoy side, my dad got them really bad too! I have not done that for a long long while. I note here that often in the mornings I would wake up knowing that one was on it's way, but if I got up and went to seminary anyway and taught my class I didn't have to have the migraine, I always felt and noted that it was a blessing from God.

Well this week I had a return of the migraine!! Wow knocked me out cold!!! I kept trying to get up and go and do but instead lay there like I was in a comma!! All I seem to be able to think about was camp! I then kept trying to deceide why do I have this headache? So number one I have been eating crappy, with no exercise and two I'm letting myself worry too much about camp. Three i cant figure out how to use the knew computer quickly enough!!!! Thus the cycle has begun. Worry, frustration, eat, headache!!
I want to be in control and need discipline, (did you know or ever think about discipline being part of the word disciple that's just a deep thought). Well because I kept journals and am blogging I can learn, see cycles and break them. Thus findings that "wisdom is knowledge rightly applied". Break the cycle. Expect change by doing something different to break the cycle, now that's ironic since I always ALWAYS cry - "I don't like change"!!!

No comments: