Friday, March 11, 2011

These are the good ole days!!!

Or are they?!?!?!  34 Years ago my friends Susan and Lyle got married.  The memories flood my mind. 

Let's just say I burned this journal when I cleaned house this last move.  I hold the friendship dear, but lets just say we should have done alot of things differently.  But today's memory is of Glenn Frank Butchar!  He drove me to Arizona from BYU to be in Susan And Lyle's wedding.  I am eternally grateful for this trip, because Glenn got to meet my Daddy. 
My Dad was an interesting man, not too many of my friends became acquainted with him.  But he and Glenn got along.  Glenn was a missionary that could teach my Dad.  I wanted to marry Glenn, but things didn't go that way for us. Glenn said I wasn't going to make it.  He needed someone that would endure to the end, and he didn't think I could do it.  He married some cute YOUNG east coast girl.  He died way too early in life leaving behind the cutest little boy - Sam!  anyway off point...
When my Father was dieing we talked of that visit that he had with Glenn on that trip to a wedding.  My Dad liked him.  As he died my last words to him were please Daddy go find Glenn he will teach you about the Plan of Salvation, a Real plan for happiness in a way that you will be able to understand it.  And Dad was gone.  It has been something that I've clung too to give me hope.

Funny how life plays out and for what seemingly uneventful paths that cross can mean something for eternity.  Today was an awful earthquake the 7th largest ever recorded in the world in Japan, many people died and many will be displaced.  Tonight the young women in my church served over 100 people dinner.  We cross peoples lives for a reason I have NO Doubt about that.  It's our job to be aware of the electricity when we cross and not let it slip thru time unnoticed.  The Scriptures say "if thou art not aware thou wilt fall."

No comments: