Thursday, July 10, 2014

I "POaST" about my life -- 1969

1968 Easter
1969 Easter

I start out the year with a visit to the local movie theater to see "Live a Little Love a Little" and "Westside Story"!  Tom is missing church to go to rodeos almost every Sunday.  Sometimes we go to watch, but after we attend our meetings.  I just want to be like Debbie Earnhardt she is a barrel racer and I love her clothes!!!  (Oh man!)  I am in Advanced Band playing the clarinet.  Urlene is "just" in music!!! (haha!)  Urlene and I created a "Fort" where we could go and be away from the world it's UNDER the addition to the trailer (Tom's room)! AGAIN OH MAN!  I really like to go to Primary and learn, make things and see my friends.  The School bus drops me off at the church and then I walk home.  Sometimes we stop at Kennys Hamburger Drive Inn and eat, play to Juke box and dance for the people there!! AGAIN OH MAN!
My 6th grade class Mr. Kemp

My friends were in both of the schools 6th grade classes (Franklin Elementary on Main Street in Mesa) so I bought both pictures!  Debbie was my friend we were tight, but she sometimes annoyed mom.  Once I wrote that Deb came over again today and just walked in without knocking and was load and happy.  Mom told her "You do it again I'm calling the police"  oh Mom, calm down - I wonder where I got that attitude of mine!!!  She hated it when Debbie was late and we had to wait for her when we took her places. One time we got into alot of trouble fighting over our barbies.  Her brother Mark got his hand stuck and almost pulled off his thumb once in our ringer style washing machine!
the other 6th grade class Mr Bryant

Judyann faints alot. One day she fainted after takinga shower I didn't know what to do. She lay there having a seizure I called for help and held her I called mom to come home and we took her right to the doctor. the doctor said she had heart problem, so we went to another doctor and he said it isn't heart its thyroid.  P.S. when she sleeps its weird cuz her eyes look like they are open!  creeps me out!  

This year Uncle Blackie Died
Aunt El and Uncle Blackie when they were married in Wyoming
Judyann, Uncle Blackie, Tom and TIm


I had worked really hard to plan a "Father / Daughter" hoedown with hay bails and western music so that my Daddy would come with me and I could show up at the church and they could all see that I really do have a Father! Jane worked with me because she wanted her dad to want to come to the church too (we had the non member fathers!).  Then it happened, Aunt El calls - "Uncle Blackie died at 5:30 in the morning having coffee at the breakfast table he just keeled over".  Now we have to go to Salt Lake City in the middle of the winter and miss my Primary activity - WOW! a little selfish kel! 

 But what is better is the story of the actual trip to SLC!  Mom flew up immediately to be with Aunt El. Daddy, Judyann and I drove up in her Oldsmobile!  I can remember the whole trip like it was yesterday.  Sis was driving, Dad in the passenger seat me in the back.  We are approaching Flagstaff and snow was everywhere!  So when we pull into Flag, stopped to get gas the guy there tells Daddy that there is snow all the way to Salt Lake so we need chains!  Thus we leave the car to have the chains put on and we go across the street to eat breakfast!  We then head out.  When you pull out of Flag going north you can see forever ... what we saw was NO SNOW!  Judyann had her hair in curlers as big as frozen orange juice cans (in fact they might have been OJ cans!) Dad started swearing up a storm.  He made her pull over and made her take off the chains (really dad?? why don't you just cuss and pace and smoke while sis take the chains off) so she gets them off now all muddy and her hair a wreck!!! Then before she could pick them up off the ground and put them in the trunk dad threw them in the car on the floor board of the front seat.  Every time he would move his boots they would make a noise and remind him and he would go off again.  It makes me laugh now, just thinking about it, but I remember just curling up on the floor in the back seat and crying myself to sleep. 
I see in Moms journal that she wrote "it pleased me so much to have Tim make such an effort to leave the stables and make the trip to Blackies funeral with Judyann and Kelly Sue.  He is kind and considerate of me!"   WOW!

Mom and Dad went on a little Vaca (that didn't happen often) and it seems I must have not liked it at all.  She wrote me this letter;
My dear little miracle daughter, as we go on our vacation this morning you feel "left out" but you really aren't! No matter where we go or what we do and see we will think of you and many times we will say - "Kel would like that" or "Obe would get a kick out of this." In other words sweetie we love you whether we are with you or not.
Honey I have a feeling you didn't quite tell me true about your diary, so why not go back the days that you haven't written and write.  It's important to write in your diary.Someday you'll want to remember when Urlene left or when you started helping Mrs. S. or BYU Week or talking to Charles!
Remember to say your prayers! The most important thing in this life is keeping close to your Heavenly Father.  Be true to Him and to yourself and we will always be proud of you and of our faith and trust in you.  Though you may wonder about or even question what Daddy or I do or say, please, sweetheart, NEVER NEVER question our very deep love for you.
Be your kind sweet self and help those you can.
lovingly Mother.

No comments: