Saturday, September 15, 2012

Decide your PASSION

So today I am having a passion for FOOTBALL ya baby I am in Football mode!  
really, you ask kelly??? 
calm down...I'm not, but for some reason their is surely something cool, bonding and alluring about a football game, something that gives a person PASSION!!!  I love a football movie, and the I love it when people come home to watch games here with Richie.  But what I want to Post about today is... PASSION and not my passion for football.
What gives you PASSION?
and I don't mean in your pants?!!!!!

Amric and I are in a different chapter of our lives, summer is over and school is back in session and neither of us have anyone in school (at least living here at home) so it has confused us - what are we suppose to be doing? what is or should be the knew routine? what happened to our plan to be healthy? what happened to our goals to study together? We are free!!! Free to stay up late, to sleep in to eat what we want to exercise or NOT!  Thus I find that with this free agency we have found no PASSION!  I listen to people say when they were 10 they knew they wanted to make movie, when they were 15 they wanted to go into space,  that forever they wanted to be on American Idol, Big Brother or Survivor.  I heard this story just this morning one day when this father came home he put a Stanford hat on his sons head and said "someday you are going to Sanford" and he is!
     I myself had the goal for as long as I can remember to be Married and stay married and live in the same house together, never moving.  I wanted to teach dance and have my own studio.  I wanted to lead youth groups and have foster kids that loved our family and returned often to share the love! I wasn't raised to go to college, school definitely not a passion.  But a PASSION, a real beat all, fight for everything never give up passion - what is that and what is mine???  The dictionary describes passion as (besides the sexual and lust aspects) strong emotion and enthusiasm.
     I can say that my passion (looking at it this way) is to keep my family together for eternity to make connections with lost family and to have a HOME where they all feel comfortable to come visit. Is that bad, if that's my passion, seems so non publishable!  Even now, with my adult children and my "happy at his job husband" is it still a passion if so what can I do to feel passionate about it?   I DO have goals to do to make this Passion happen but lately I haven't looked at the big picture.

 I have taught my kids a couple of quotes in my attempt to accomplish this PASSION they are;
  • "the Chief cause of failure and unhappiness is giving up what you want most for what you want right now"
  • "remember who you are"
  • "Save a girl save a generation"  along with
  •  "Don't YOU be the Weak LiNk". 
I can honestly say that except for "Remember who you are" these quotes were made after my Mother raised me, but without her and her Passion for me to not fail to bring the family together these quotes would not have touched my spirit and kept the PASSION alive.

anyway... to keep on keepin on I need to set some goals, I read a quote yesterday that inspired me to recognize this "People do not decide their futures, they decide their habits and their habits decide their futures" which lead me to this post today!  I am reminded I can't just let myself fall into a habit everyday I need passionate goals to decide my future to not be the weak leak and to have a HOME where anybody can, will or even wants to come visit.  So to reevaluate and find my passion...
  1. I want to tell my stories.  (the problem is I don't want to proofread or use correct gramar!)
  2. Study gain more knowledge  - (BYU free online classes) 
  3. spiritually strengthened - Study Seminary stuff daily  (apply to teach EFY)
  4. BE Healthy - back to TSFL.  goal loose 60 pounds.  remember I lost 57 and now have gained back well a few!!! 30ish! lets just say im back in my fat pants!!!
  5. MOVE - 30 min to 1 hour a day.  (Maybe walk outside?)  really go outside - scary!!!what's happened to me?  I used to be a hiker, a campfire girl I wanted to be outside???
  6. Know the current events -read the paper know what is going outside and be able to talk about it.
  7. limit my social media!!! ;(             (I kinda have a passion for facebook!)
  8. genealogy names - new names I need to find more people connect more dots (I'll take my passion for facebook and turn it to Ancestry.com)
  9. I need to find passion in everyday things - (I will "deep Clean" One room everyday!)
  10.  I want to have a community organizer passion, gardening passion and a square dancing passion! I'll work on goals to get there next!!!
I notice as I set and reset goals here some of them are I want to, some are I will and some just this is the goal.  Guess I have work to do - wish me luck!  I'll check back with myself here!
So what's your passion? how did you know it? and what have you done to achieve it?

1 comment:

Marissa said...

I LOVE when you write! It's real. It's honest. GREAT goals! You should TOTALLLLLY teach EFY! You would be great at it!

LOVE and miss you!