Thursday, March 31, 2011

MONEY! Nanny's Advice...

A piece of a letter from Mom dated March 18, 1991
..what I was going to say before my suggestion to you and Richard is to NOT think of your family being poor, but think of yourselves as being smart enough to start at the bottom and going up instead of trying to start at the top and falling down.  Try,m also to remember that it is certainly no disgrace to not have money.  Also, it is wrong to pretend you have it when you don't.  There is no integrity or honesty in so doing.  Maybe you think I enjoyed saying for most of your life -- "we haven't the money", No I did not!  But neither was I ever ashamed of it.  Many times saddened by it, but never ashamed.  Personally I feel like kids nowadays should her "no it's not in the budget a little more".  I dread to see what would happen to OJ if something happened that he can't have everything he thinks he needs.  Even more so than M! 

...I am so glad that you are having a good experience with AJ, it will help you appreciate Appie and Aussie Man more as well as help make the bonding between you and the kids stronger.  I sincerely hope you can make it without going back to work, but if you do I am also sure you will be more aware of the need to do things with the kids and never neglect them as you might be tempted to otherwise.  There is always some good to find in any situation and lesson to be learned.  So many times I read something about kids and think, "wonder if Kel saw this?"  I remember you asking; what are you being tested for?'  I truly believe it is to mostly to see how really committed you are to just plain living the gospel.  You also mentioned that is much harder to stay home and not have that income than you expected it to be.  Please, be aware that old Satan will try his hardest to convince you it isn't worth it to stay home and be a mom.  There is no law that you can't want!  The trick is to concentrate on what you DO have and not to add to Richard's stress.  If you two can just remember to put the Lord first and all things will be added to it. 
Baby girl, there is so much I want to say to you I do not know where or how to finish...just to say to you that I reaffirm my deep love, my pleasure in your many accomplishments, the real joy you are, the wonder of your little ones and the since of endurance you are showing.  The fact you deliberately chose to make a success of your marriage and your life is one of great importance and is worthy of admiration.  Be know that I only advice in caution to help you live within your means, and always pay your tithing!  Love, Mama

No comments: