Thursday, February 24, 2011

Your heart is my ....

"Your heart is my piñata.”  When I read this quote today I couldn't help but think "that sucks!" that is not love, or if it is who would want that kind of love and in researching thru my paper journals Valentine's Day certainly doesn't show well for me and mine!  Lot's of lost dinners, flowers and cry me a rivers!!! So what is love and Valentines all about or what do I want it to be about in the future...  Hubby brought me flowers this year, even after telling me not to do anything - we didn't have the funds.  For once I followed orders!!! But then, I did nothing for anyone except my little 6 year old primary class!!!  Thus, I missed Valentines day!  Along with several birthdays this year, well I'll say it...I notice that I have forgotten what my mother taught me about sending a card.  It doesn't cost much to mail (the US Post Office takes paper messages to another person for money!).  I love, love, love getting mail.  I am spoiled by facebook and email, it's just so easy.  It's sloppy easy to just wish someone happy birthday without making an effort to really take action and show you care, even with just a card.  I am prideful.  If I can't go BIG I pretty much shrink into the abyss!  Tragic!  I love a letter.  Also I think that taking the time to write, to send pics to just acknowledge and be involved is an action and LOVE is an action word.  Isn't that what Valentines Day is all about???  Therefore sadly in 2011 I missed the big picture!  Another lesson learned and that is this; I will strive to be less prideful and show more LOVE!  Today when I was reading about King Benjamin I noted that it said they did wax strong (the people) in love towards Mosiah; yea, they did esteem him more than any other man; for they did not look upon him as a tyrant who was seeking for gain, yea, for that lucre which doth corrupt the soul; for he had not exacted riches of them, neither had he delighted in the shedding of blood; but he had established peace in the land, and he had granted unto his people that they should be delivered from all manner of bondage; therefore they did esteem him, yea, exceedingly, beyond measure. Mosiah 29:40
 I was humbled to stop for a second and think about the kind of a world, place, home we would have if we could and indeed did look up to all of our leaders Political or otherwise with such awe.  How do we achieve this for ourselves, deeming this kind of respect from our family, friends and colleagues?  We strive to love the people, to serve the people, to know the people.  In doing so, we gain roots and wisdom and peace. 

1 comment:

Apryl said...

I like your thoughts :)