Sunday, February 06, 2011

Time moves quickly take a moment to breathe and enjoy!



WOW! I so feel that time is flying by me with no regard.  This morning my thoughts are just of how fast time is moving I'm wondering what am I doing with it?  What are my grandbabies doing today? Do they know me? Are my children prepared for what is ahead of them? Does my family know how very much I love them? Is my house clean? What did I do with my yesterday? Am I doing everything I can and know how to do to one day meet my maker!???!???!
I recall the parable of the 10 virgins in the New Testament;
"we are living in a time of urgency. We are living in a time of spiritual crisis. We are living in a time close to midnight. There is an urgency to meet the worldwide spiritual crisis through action now. It can only be accomplished by performance. Procrastination is a deadly weapon of human progress. Thank God there is no need of a shortage in the oil of preparedness. It is accumulated at will, drop by drop, in righteous living.
Jesus, our Redeemer, has given to us for our use in this day a powerful parable to stress the importance of constant personal preparedness. It is known as the parable of the Ten Virgins, a warning to all mankind everywhere.
“Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.
“And five of them were wise, and five were foolish.
“They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them:
“But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.
“While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept.
“And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.
“Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps.
“And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out.
“But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.
“And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.
“Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.
“But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.
“Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.” Matthew 25: 1-13 
It can be properly and appropriately concluded that the ten virgins represent the people of the Church of Jesus Christ, and not alone the rank and file of the world. The wise and foolish virgins, all of them, had been invited to the wedding supper; they had knowledge of the importance of the occasion. They were not pagans, heathens, or gentiles, nor were they known as corrupt or lost, but rather they were informed people who had the saving, exalting gospel in their possession, but had not made it the center of their lives. They knew the way, but were foolishly unprepared for the coming of the bridegroom. All, even the foolish ones, trimmed their lamps at his coming, but their oil was used up. In the most needed moment there was none available to refill their lamps. All had been warned their entire lives.
Today thousands of us are in a similar position. Through lack of patience and confidence, preparation has ceased. Others have lulled themselves to sleep to a complacency with the rationalization that midnight will never come. The responsibility for having oil in our personal lamps is an individual requirement and opportunity. The oil of spiritual preparedness cannot be shared. The wise were not unkind or selfish when they refused oil to the foolish in the moment of truth. The kind of oil needed by all of us to light up the darkness and illuminate the way is not shareable. The oil could have been purchased at the market in the parable, but in our lives it is accumulated by righteous living, a drop at a time..."  -Marvin J. Ashton

I pray to be ready. To have a lamp filled with oil.  "They say"; don't worry about the small stuff, but really it's the small stuff that brings us down. We have to be on guard constantly to avoid, to repent, to be prepared to face the world each and every moment so that we can not turn away from that which we know to be right.  My family tells me "a blog is to be short, no one will read them because they are too long".  Well maybe not, but I'm learning alot from my own research, my own daily journaling and I believe in the end we are judged by our own book or books!! see Revelation 20:12  And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

This morning when I thought of time and how fast it was moving, I thought of my grandbabies and how far away from me they are...I hope someday to know them better but maybe thru my "Book", or Blog they will know me someday and the things in which I believe! 

29 years ago today I knelt at an alter and was sealed for Time and ALL eternity to my huby, this man that loves me, forgives me, is so good to me that he seeks everyday for something to do to please me and make my life better .  Even in marriage it's not the big things that make them fall or brings them down, it's the small things.  I truly believe that and am grateful everyday for the Man that I love and that he Loves me.
sadly this is the only picture we have of that day, we thought it was cold (I say thought, because it was Arizona! I live in the sub temps now - NOW I know what cold is!)  anyway we hurried away instead of relishing in the moment.  again I say; Time moves quickly take a moment to breathe and enjoy!
and then crop your pictures better than this - nice luggage in the pic-duh!!!!

No comments: