Saturday, January 29, 2011

Uncle Otis

Today in 1912 my Uncle Otis was born.  He was the oldest child, he seemed to take issue with his parents and leave home at a very young age.  He loved animals.  He served in the military, for awhile he was in France.  He was married at least 3 times, and maybe once or twice more!!!  He loved to fish, hunt and drink!  He was kind to me and always looked after me.  He was very very good to my mom.  He had no children. His family name died with him as far as I can tell.   How sad would it be to loose the family name.  I hold to my name with loyalty and pride yet my children do not carry my maiden name.  What is the History of your family name? Unc I miss you, and I pray you are finding happiness in the life you live now on the other side of the veil.

No comments: