Sunday, January 30, 2011

Love is but the discovery of ourselves in others, and the delight in the recognition. -Alexander Smith

First Loves...
What can I say about first love?  this comes to mind because in my Paper I have found a reminder of first love with an entry about my daughter and her  first date with her first love.  my comments are that they are cute together, but weird!  I don't think you're suppose to be "in love" before the 1st date!!!!
I remember being in love for the first time.  I like the words of Thomas Moore..."No, there's nothing half so sweet in life as love's young dream".  Really we just don't understand or appreciate the true value of love as a teenager, a good, no a great reason to not move so fast to think "this is it" at a young age.   It's not all about the "chemistry", although ya gotta love that too!  But it's about how you stick it out, hang in there together when you are at your lowest point as a couple.  It's about forgiveness.  It's about the end goal to have done this thing together.  Oh to love. To forgive. To endure thru thick and think!

In my gandering thru the web trying to find the perfect couple to leave as an example, I am not sure I agree on anyones creative list of book, movie or TV couples that are perfect and why do they all have to have trauma in their lives.  I do not believe it has to be that way, I would rather believe as Spencer W. Kimball stated; "Don't just pray to marry the one you love but instead pray to love the one you marry.".  and this one too "Soul mates' are fiction and an illusion; and while every young man and young woman will seek with all diligence and prayerfulness to find a mate with whom life can be most compatible and beautiful, yet it is certain that almost any good man and any good woman can have happiness and a successful marriage if both are willing to pay the price."  

I like the diamond analogy and the Triangle analogy of a perfect love in marriage.

No comments: