Sunday, November 18, 2012

I am grateful for "O" - Optimism


I am grateful for the attitude of Optimism


I am probably not a very optimistic person.  Someone ask me why I don't come out of my house more, do more with other people? - my answer to her that day was "People are stupid",   it's kinda haunted me that I actually said that out loud or that I even thought it.  Since then I've been more aware of that tough and attempted to be more optimistic and have more faith in people.  After all my mom raised me with a couple poems about that, that should have helped me since I know the poems and President Hinckley said the following about it;
 "We have so much to live for, so much to hope for!  Humanity is essentially good.  We are all of one great family.  We can give strength to the voice of hope. We can give thanks to those who work for peace. We can give added attention to those who feed the hungry and bind up the wounds of conflict. To the extent we cultivate this virtue of OPTIMISM, we will bless all the word's people!"


and Mother taught me:
Mr Meant-to has a comrade,
And his name is Didn't-do;
Have you ever chanced to meet them?
Did they ever call on you?


These two fellows live together
In the house of Never-win, 
And I'm told that it is haunted,

By the ghost of Might-have-been.


And
"Cynics do not contribute, skeptics do not create, doubters do not achieve."  idk who said this  (mom)!

And
"A young couple came to see me a while ago.  Six months earlier, they had been married. They had declared their love one for another. They had pledged their loyalty one to another. Now, the young man came to my office disillusioned, bitter, and heartbroken. His wife, he said, did this and that -- simple little things of small consequence, such as leaving the dishes undone when she left for work in the morning.  And nothing seemed to make her happy. Then his wife came in, a beautiful girl of great talent. She spoke of her husband's faults. He was stingy. He did not pick up his clothes. He was careless. Each had his or her faults, every one of which was easily correctable. The problem lay in the fact that these two had a stronger inclination to emphasize each other's faults than to talk of their respective virtues. With a little discipline, each could have changed. WIth a little desire, each could have spoken with a different tone.   But neither was willing. They had permitted a negative attitude and outlook to destroy the sweetest, richest association of life. They had thrown away with careless and sour words the hopes and dreams of eternity. With criticism and shouting, they had violated the most sacred of all relationships.  Criticism and pessimism destroys families, undermine institutions of all kins, defeat nearly everyone and spread a shroud of gloom over entire nations." 
--Gordon B Hinckley

My plea, my pray is for me and you to find the good, be positive, be still in the noise and look for the positive -
 BE OPTIMISTIC!

No comments: