Monday, October 22, 2012

I think it's interesting the things that the spouse thinks is important for the spouse vs the thing the parent thinks is important for the child.  Usually In my experience the parent child wins out vs the spouse.  I know I think that sucks!  Maybe I should work on that from my end to see if it improves on the other end.  Don't get me wrong, Im spoiled as a spouse.  But coming from the both of us - when the kids need something that always happens without question.

Marriage is a triangle, well that's how I've been taught, never really seen it in action but we try.  I know that when it is that is when it is the BEST.

"President Spencer W. Kimball taught: 'Two individuals approaching the marriage altar must realize that to attain the happy marriage which they hope for they must know that marriage . . . means sacrifice, sharing, and even a reduction of some personal liberties. It means long, hard economizing. It means children who bring with them financial burdens, service burdens, care and worry burdens; but also it means the deepest and sweetest emotions of all' 


so no matter the needs of the spouse or the child or NOW THE BABY GRANDS!  I pray I will always be able to with God's help meet their needs :)

he also said this:
“To be a righteous woman is a glorious thing in any age. To be a righteous woman during the winding up scenes on this earth, before the second coming of our Savior, is an especially noble calling. The righteous woman’s strength and influence today can be tenfold what it might be in more tranquil times. She has been placed here to help to enrich, to protect, and to guard the home—which is society’s basic and most noble institution”


No comments: