Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Tim and his Poetry

I'm laying here in bed
Wondering what's in my head
Wondering if its very dull
just laying inside of a skull

Forever being a brain
always staying out of the rain
calling this my home
surrounded by fragile bone

It's nice to have no fear
because I can't hear
Just to be
because I can't see

But I would like to feel the rain
to see a train
to hear a song
just to belong

I would like to be outside
not to have to hide
wanting to, but unable to run
but wait, here is help, here's a gun




Sitting here on my ceramic throne
there is something that I hear
almost silently there is a dron
yes, It's the air conditioner!
In the summer and the heat
the air conditioner is so cool
but now sitting on my seat
It's winter and I feel a fool!







It's very hard to sleep
When all you want to do is weep
To weep for my wife
the spice in my life

crying out for sun
when day is done
for the moon at night
when I'm filled with fright


I set with my head in my hand
dreaming of roaming the land
seeing what the wind brings
hearing how it sings


curled in a ball
asleep not at all
yes it's hard to sleep
when all you can do is weep :(




They say life is brief
All filled with grief
that is not my belief

To laugh cry or shout
To stand or jump about
To Give Grief The Rout

To let unhappiness fly
to see the blue of the sky
to let cheer and joy rise high

For love to receive
for lost time to grieve
in these I believe




They have stolen time
times that was mine
the cause was not right
not in my sight

Seven long years
years with many tears
tears shed alone
in prison my home

Rampant runs the hate
caring not for my fate
to steal their time -
is revenge a crime?







There is a softness as I listen
the ground seems to listen
as I look out the window at night
cowering behind the Glass with fright

the moon is dull and has a halo
Nothing is seen to make me mello
I can hear the wind blowing
With a sigh I realize it's only snowing!







Have a shaft or be flat
I can be long or thin
folded or switched to win
I can be curved or straight
used with Love or Hate
I can take or give life
I am a knife






Tim McCoy 1985



No comments: