Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Another one bites the dust!

Matthew 10:14 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.

A scripture that has bugged me the last few weeks.  It was something. as I understand that the more self righteous Jews did, but also that Jesus taught the Apostles to do in a way of you taught them, they don't accept it, go privately dust off your feet and you can judge them openly on Judgement day.


I do not waant to judge anyone, nor do I want to be judged.  I sat down here with a thought to write and before I did so studied and read some more information about this scripture.  Thus I have deleted a blog entry and am reconsidering my stewardship of some things.  I was lead to understand a few weeks ago when i read this that it would be easier for me to "let go" of somethings using this idea "dust off your feet".   As I have read and pondered this morning, it's not my place to judge and especially not here out in the open.  Thus I will change my behavior and update my blog to only be about me and not the words of anyone else. My perspective is just that - my perspective.  nothing profound here, dang!  I really thought I had a profound statement when I sat down here to write today and what I found as I've read pondered and searched...was a chastisement, a kick in the butt.  I apologize if I've hurt anyone out there.  Let us watch our words - what's the old saying?  Do unto others - if for no other reason than, we dont want them to come back around and kick us in the butt.

No comments: