Tuesday, September 20, 2011

We really do have FHE

In our family on Monday Nights the tradition of having a "family Home Evening" has indeed been a goal.   I want to now make this entry for the sake of Amric!!!  Last night we had the discussion that as he said "last week with the missionaries over was the first time we had family home evening"!

so I flipped out and we had a serious discussion about what is family home evening!  I tried to teach him that we have had it, he has learned, he has been taught he is choosing to ignore!

So for those families who struggle at keeping and or getting your little ones to pay attention and hope they are learning something ... then there's amric!!!  I had a friend once who said that God gave us 17 year old boys so that we could let go of them in the near future!  This morning when I said my prayers I thanked God for my 17 year old boy! No Heavenly Father has blessed me with evidence lots and lots of Journal entries of both successes and failures at striving to have Family Home evening.  I encourage you to continue in those efforts teaching something about manners, respect, honor, tradition, Faith, hope and charity! Use things like board games, TV, MUSIC, story books, jump rope, trampolines, swimming pools, picnic tables, parks, and refer to the scriptures but do it together as a family once a week.  Even if they think they never did it...because really its so a part of their life they just think it's life!!!! it'll be worth it 7, 17, or 70 I promise!

No comments: