Monday, March 07, 2011

Seamless!!!

Yesterday was a really great family day, so I neglected my blog experience to spend time with the fam! So today I will write Two times to make up the neglect!!! DAILY that's my goal. YIKES!!! still working on the consistantsy!  I watch TV everyday, I EAT everyday why are the naughty habits easier to do everyday than the good ones, the ones that promote something good in your heart and mind!??!

Sister Cook showed a quilt block that on one side had seams and on the other did not!
I am displaying it here just to show that I made a quilt! This quilt has seams but it has integrity too, my mom started it and I finished it I then gave it to Porter McCoy Noyes!

Ok this is a good thought that I had in my mind and heart yesterday!  We have this meeting that we in the Church of Jesus Christ Of Later Day Saints go to twice a year called Stake Conference.  It's where a group of small units (or wards) meet together at one time and receive instruction and inspiration.  Yesterday our meeting was with 42 stakes in the MidWest it was awesome and very inspiring.  A couple of things were said that I really liked, but thing that gave me personally a little HOPE that I'm on the right track was the fact that they refered in the talks to two scriptures I had been focused on in the last couple of months.  Which to me meant that I'm on the right track!!! I loved it.  A confirmation from the Holy Ghost that I'm heading in the right direction.

Also one of the talks was by a Sister Mary Cook, reminded us that we need to be honest in ALL our doings.  That our lives need to be seamless.  She had a visual I really liked that, but sometimes we are one person on Christmas and Easter when we go to church or if we go on Sundays and then a different person the other days of the year and week.  Sometimes we say Professional is seperate from Religion or School is serperate from Religion.  None of it is seperate or should be, we need to have ingrity, ethics, honesty always, being seamless in all we do and say.  I really liked the reminder.  These days with the internet it's easy to be anymous and gossip along with other naughty habits are easily accessible and we might think it's not known that we do the things we do, I say we need to be seamless.  I loved the thought.  Sister cook used the quote my Mom always used "To thine own self be True", it was one of her favorite quotes.

No comments: