Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Patience in ALL things!!

once upon a time hubby was called to teach primary! the boys age 10 and 11!  He being new to Sunday School, expected the children to be well behaved and reverent!  To answer the questions presented as they were asked in the manual!!  These boys were not behaving that way it says here in the paper journal!!!  Hubby slammed his hand down on the table and demanded that they all "shut up"!  --

Those kids did an about face!  I was like freaking out and explaining we don't do that we can't do that we have to LOVE THEM!  Those boys grew to love hubby, and he them.  My how time flies that was 30 ish years ago, that would make them in their 40's -- that is just crazyness!!!  I remember that day and those kids just like it was yesterday.    When teaching it isn't the discipline, the preparing of the lesson the handouts that create the long lasting memory on either end of the learning scale - (the teacher or the learner) but instead it's the time, the one on one, the love that is applied to the relationship of student and teacher.


I have had some wonderful wonderful examples of great teachers.  Teachers like Toni Brown, Betty Abbott, Jill Beecroft, Mrs Hunsaker, Brother Kendrick, Iris McCoy, Sister Rowley and Brother and Sister Farnsworth these were teachers that I knew loved me.  From them I hope to have learned to be a great teacher too.This doesn't even touch the people that were just great examples and taught me outside the class room - but thats another blog!!!

No comments: