Thursday, March 31, 2011

General Conference a sign of Obedience and it is for the kids too!

I'm in the Mesa Stake Center, I can tell Nanny doesn't approve of Apryl and Austin writing during conference!!!  I just want them to be quiet, it's not like a bring games or food or anything!  They are the only kids even here - I am teaching them to be here.  I just want them to learn the importance of being obedient and I think coming to conference is a step for them in that direction.  Do you suppose kids didn't want to go listen to King Benjamin?  I suppose, but it's the act of going that shows obedience.  I appreciate that they don't rebel against me (although today was the first time Austin has ever in some way rebelled) he seemed to think that he could "read about it later"!

I remember mom making me get up to watch the one session on TV Sunday Morning!  So in my mind it's alot to ask of these little ones to come to the church for 8 hours and sit reverently and listen to these talks.  The choir sang O Divine Redeemer and we Loved it, it seemed the kids and I bonded and a sweet spirit was upon us!!! 

Pres Monson 1st speaker 2nd couns. spoke about child abuse ... suffer the little children
Pres Hunter "If we are to survive as a nation/church we must have this loyalty at home. 

This makes me feel like we have DONE something these last few years, because we do have loyalty, commitment and devotion toward each other, family and our religion.  We had had to learn to.  we will and have the opportunity to "stand in holy places to be a witness at all time" as Pres Hunter expressed I know this to be true.  I have a testimony of it, I feel like this is an answer to prayers to hear this from the pulpit today.

No comments: