Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Oh man!!! see what I mean, now I find this entry!!! The family watched LONESOME DOVE! 

I really liked it.  It rates right up there with my top 5!  Mostly because of the characters of Gus and Woodrow.  Images of the men that raised me.  My father and my brother Tom.  I am not sure exactly where Timmy fits in, kinda afraid he was Jake Spoon!  So if you ever want to know the men that raised me, unfortunately this would enlighten you!!!  When this mini series was over Austin and I had emptied a box or two of Kleenex, Apryl tried to cry and Huby didn't cry at all, Mind you he cried when Spock died, but not the tuff cowboy!!!  But again, not a movie for little kids!!  What on earth was I thinking? 

In my defense on this one, I really believe these are my people and in some weird way I was trying to share and teach that heritage thing to my kids!!  I know writing it down doesn't even sound like a defense!!!!  Writing is good for me.  It One causes me to read more and Two teaches me to strive to be a better person!

No comments: