Wednesday, January 19, 2011

I just don't do this enough to figure it out!

Last summer I moved, I went through the house I cleaned out clutter either by way of Desert Industries, Good Will, Salvation Army, Fire or shredder!!! I was surrounded by clutter, peoples stuff that somehow I inherited in the wake of death.  Over the last 10 years I lost all my syblings, my aunts, uncles, and my mother.  I don't want to nor do I mean to sound burdened or victimized...today I talk about clutter. Somehow, I just ended up with losts of stuff...   Stuff I had no idea what to do with.  I have since learned that I kept it for 2 reasons 1. memories, 2 not wanting to let go of them.  When my mom died it was over, that generation was all gone and to deal with it, I let it for the most part all go.  So I kinda dealt with it sorting and stacking now in clear crates that I will again begin to start to deal with in a new light and at a much smaller scale. BUT I am now discovering a whole new kind of clutter...
We have currently in the house 6 computers - something different on them all!!!   2 don't work at all, one is the girls, one is the Dads, one is the missionarys', and one is for us all to share.  I have lost my music and pics on 3 at least 3 different computers I am afraid to put my heart and soul out in the world and even on to a computer that loses things easier than I do!!!  Everyday I check my email, my text messages and my facebook wall!  I am set up to tweet, to blog and to YouTube! I have a church profile and a ancestry.com profile!!!!  I have a written journal of church notes, daily: "it's cold and snowy" notes, a planner and now a phone that does everything!!! I feel like I have tech clutter!!!  How do I live with it, sort it and become efficient in it all!!!????? HELP.
And to that I add blogging, I am a person who wants to write.  I am not blessed with a great vocabulary, good grammar or the "wit" of some, but I "feel" the need to write.  To deal with my "tech" clutter it is my goal to take this year to merge it all to one.  Over the next year I will review the last 30 years and eventually rid myself of paper in the house and only have a minimum of 2 places that i have "notes"!
I have a scripture that motivates me in this; Eccleiastes 3:2-8.

No comments: