Monday, August 14, 2017

102 one two three generations later

Tell me a story of Nanny was a request today on this her 102 birthdate, and it being 7 years since we buried her.  As I thought about this I went to read my own past thoughts about my mom.   What ever the title Iris Mom Gram Nanny we miss you

I certainly am a fan of the thought; to keep traditions, people, memories alive someone has to tell the stories!

I remember my mom with Apryl, her princess!  They  definitely had a close relationship.   

Mom taught her to love books, they read countless hours together.

When it came to Austin, it was games they would play games for hours till one day as a teenager... I'm not sure if he was loosing or she was, but neither of them liked it he pretty much said that's it and they really never played again.  But she more than I was probably the dominate female in their lives as toddlers that's for sure, time I feel like the kids and I both missed out on thankful she was there to fill in the cracks, the wholes the traditions.

She was a great Gram for my sisters kidsshe was there for them come hell or high water.

When Wally came along Nanny was there  she loved that girl, she might or might not have been a little bit afraid of her!!! I think they were of such strong wills they did tend to but heads even when AJ was three!

Nanny and Her Zane were close as close could be. She spent many an hour with this kid she tried to keep him from climbing trees, running off and flying over hills! They were always on the go because he was always on the go, I think he kept her alive gave her reason and strength for the last 17 years of her life!

Now she has many great kids and very great great grandchildren to these generations I tell the stories of Iris. 

RIP my dear mother 

signing off KSue 

No comments: