Friday, August 30, 2013

Is it Hope or Faith?

I am watching Toy Story 3 with my babygrands, I just love spending time with them.  Movies are a way of life in "TheNana" and Larkin household!  This story seemed a tad bit scary and so I am holding on to Pax when she looks up at me and says the cutest thing.  I thought at the time, very telling;  "we better pray to Jesus we don't have bad dreams tonight".  

Well you know me and my dreams anyway!!! Soooo I HEARD this thought it spoke to me, because of who I am.



I hope you are asking why do I think that is telling?  My point is just that. 

  • First she was scared and her first thought was to pray to Jesus.  
  • Second she had FAITH that He would hear her and help her to not have bad dreams.
  • Third there is HOPE.  Now to me at that moment I could see the difference between faith and hope for some reason.





  • FAITH
    1.    complete trust or confidence in someone or something.
    synonyms:trustbeliefconfidenceconviction


    HOPE
    1.    a feeling of expectation and desire for a certain thing to happen.

    She expected that Jesus would be there, she trusted to turn to him and had confidence He would help her. She also had a desire to not have bad dreams and expected a result. It seemed so simple a definition of Faith and hope, I love learning from my babygrands and I love it when the spirit teaches me quietly even during a scary movie!


    and in the end I was bawling my eyes out I hate it when my kids leave!!!!   
  • No comments: