Thursday, November 22, 2012

21 days Makes a Habit - My A B C's of Gratitude

Thanksgiving 2013
They say if you do something for 21 days it's going to turn into a habit this is my attempt at making gratitude be a habit...

28.  I am grateful for Pumpkin Pie! And all the trimmings!


27.  I am grateful for Temples all over the world and to have the blessing and privilege of going there


26.   I am thankful for KNOWLEDGE.  “Knowledge is love, light and vision” Helen keller  I am Gratful too, today that Austin called to talk! while he drives!!!
25. Tonight I am grateful for a Prophet (now Prophets) who teach us things to do to stay close and keep the commandments tonight especially for Family Home Evening (aka:FHE).
24.  I am thankful for the numbers; 77, 88, 45, 56, 81, 73 and 10  -- You know who you are!  What number were YOU?


23. Today I am grateful that my baby girl Ayris Joan is home from school for thanksgiving!!!!


22.  I am grateful for the ability to Forgive.
21.  I am thankful for Facebook Friends – it’s a great way for me to stay in touch with so many from everywhere we’ve lived.
20. So grateful my mom gave me traditions …  I attempt to maintain them…cookies, candies and Bread – OH MY!
19.  Grateful to spend Time with Richie (not so much WORK today)! 


18.  Tonight Super grateful to see and visit with Delia and Real and to meet Raygan (her new baby girl)
17.   I am grateful for … living in this country being able to go to church when and where I want.
16.  I am thankful that as the scripture says; “Behold my soul delighteth in the things of the Lord”
grateful to go to TOFW with Marion
15.  I am Super Grateful for my time in Nebraska and my travels across Wyoming, for the friends I made and the appreciation of the pioneers I gained in that time there.
14.  I am thankful tonight for and to see that beautiful Washington sunset! I do miss those Nebraska sunsets though.
Seminary Class in Nebraska
13.  I am pretty grateful today to be just about done unpacking!!It’s been along road and a BIG BIG change. I am grateful for a warm, dry place to take off my shoes – I like to call it “Home”!
12.  I am grateful that it’s my Apryls Bday she is my defender, protector and inspiration!
Apryl and Vaughn in New York for lunch
11.  I am grateful to be related to soldiers who serve and protect our freedom and our rights in the USA!
10.   I am grateful for Ayris and her blog about Veterans Day!!
Elder Sobczak Oct 2013
9.  I am grateful for technology.  I love that I can be in my “our” home and still “chat”, email, Message and see see my family and friends afar!
8.  I am grateful for a great picture/letter that I received from Elder Sobczak today!
7.  I am grateful we are employed and that it brought us back to the Northwest!!
6.  I am grateful for transportation …. Thankful to have a car.
5.  I am grateful for “fLat Amric”!  YAY! I found you!!!

4.  I am grateful for Richard – who has stuck with me all these years … (I’m kinda hard to live with)
3.  I am grateful for Time on this earth to live!
2.  I am grateful for Hard Work
1.    I am Grateful for Pictures to Remember people by.






ABC's of Thanksgiving 2012 

I am grateful for...


Adoption
Book of Mormon
Cheese
Douglas, Arizona!
Elma Eagles
Family
Grandbabies
Holland
Iris
Judyann
Kindness
Light
MCCoy
Nouns
Optimism
Promises Kept
Quiet
Radio Flyers
Seminary
T-Shirts
United States
Valley
Wall Art
Xerocopiar
Yesterday
Zeal


“The grateful man sees so much in the world to be thankful for, and with him the good outweighs the evil. Love overpowers jealousy, and light drives darkness out of his life.” He continued: “Pride destroys our gratitude and sets up selfishness in its place. How much happier we are in the presence of a grateful and loving soul, and how careful we should be to cultivate, through the medium of a prayerful life, a thankful attitude toward God and man!" 
Joseph F. Smith

http://www.lds.org/general-conference/2010/10/the-divine-gift-of-gratitude?lang=eng&query=grateful







No comments: