Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Save a Girl, Save a generation!

well I have a few days of makeup work to do!  Just as my son who seems to be failing History currently!!!  Thus he has had the computer and all the rights thereof!!! Now it's my turn...

Looking over the weeks in Feb I found a few things I'd like to mention, the first being where and when I found and fell in love with a quote of President Gordon B. Hinckley... and at least recorded it Feb 10 2008.

"It is so tremendously important that the women of the church stand strong and immovable for that which is correct and proper under the plan of the Lord.  They must Begin in their own home.  The can teach it in their classes. The can voice it in their communities.  They MUST be the teachers and the guardians of their daughters.  When You Save A Girl, You Save A Generation.  I see this as the one bright shining hope in a world that is marching toward moral self-destruction."

I remember just loving this.  And the talk that went with it.  So maybe it is true, if we write it, it is One more way for us to Remember and I need all kinds of help remembering!!!!  I am often caught reminding people "I have no memory, when God gave out blessings/talents...I didn't get a memory!!"

1 comment:

e.a.s. said...

I love this too--I didn't really get it until I was in Young Women's and saw how much power for good or evil the girls had!