Thursday, December 01, 2016

My Happiness Project

Return and Report!
These are my 5 Strengths, I would also refer to them as my strongest weaknesses!
My Friend Urlene and I started a smash book to record and document to make a fun place to see our progress our resolve to dig in to My Happiness Project.  She told me about Gretchen Rubin and her books and I fell hard!  Urlene loves me and so she indulged me setting up these books of ours my last visit to Arizona, you should have seen us, it was quite a mess both the room and us!! I was enlightened to see how much she cared about me, this isn't something she wanted to do! I watched her work at it staying there processing this project idea, I want her to know I appreciated that she did this with me - I don't know how I would have started it without her.
Solitude is a weird thing, I've had my share of it these last 3 years, done some serious soul searching.  These books of GR are amazing and fit to my personality I can relate to her so much, anyway ... Because I'm not a reader, if you know me - you know that, it jumps out at me that I can attempt to use her pattern and find my Happiness, my purpose added to and upon the things I've been taught, my upraising and my current emptynester status.  This list is the first of the things I want to learn about, character traits I want to develop, and the person I want to find down deep within.
and this is where I start.
What is a Patriarchal Blessing?   https://www.lds.org/topics/patriarchal-blessings?lang=eng
The #4spendidtruths These are from her Book(s) and she talks about them in her YouTube videos http://gretchenrubin.com/ this is a great place to go and learn from her

My inspiration comes when I'm reading from The Light of Scriptures
Ok so I don't have my own 12 commandments yet these are Gretchen's http://gretchenrubin.com/happiness_project/2009/09/twelve-commandments-of-happiness/


I hope to have my own 12 commandments at the end of this project.  After completing my first month (Nov and Dec of this year are going now to be considered my practice months!!) I think one of my commandments will be Don't Give Up, if you didn't write yesterday write today. Writing, Logging, recording, documenting somehow some way will help me not give up.
I just like this paper! It will have a cool picture on it before this is over!!!

I love her #SecretsofAdulthood
I will apply these and read them often.  I have added to this page the following list for my secrets of Adulthood.  
  1. Pray everyday everyday everyday Pray asking what should I pray about! Pray for my kids!
  2. Move the Body!
  3. Minimize time screen time - evaluate daily
  4. remember mom taught me to write thank you cards  - Say Thank you everyday.
  5. Spend Time Outside make myself go outside everyday everyday everyday
  6. Unplug  (I don't know how long yet but I know everyday everyday everyday that I need to)
  7. Do service and this doesn't count my chores!
  8. Have a good clean joyful laugh (this one is hers, but I like it I don't know how to do it)
  9. Use your talents always searching and maybe adding new ones
  10. Live with who I am sleepwise be productive
  11. Don't look back longingly
  12. Read more Learn more Apply knowledge

This is a great guideline for Happiness also
Proverbs 31:10-31 I want to be that woman

The first 2 practice months and first 4 months
 Main Resolution with subgoals
the next 8 months FamilyisForever Nov and Peace Dec.




So Stay tune and I shall return and report my progress of #MyHappinessProject the coming of self.


No comments: