Wednesday, August 07, 2013

I "POaST" about my Life --- 1962 ...

I now live in Arizona....
One of the very few FAMILY pics I have with all of us in it 1962 a family vaca to Mexico the only vacation I know of that we all went on, and it was probably just a day trip or maybe a weekend to the border town El Paso!
My Donkey - Chilibeans!  Phx Stable 48th st. and McDowell
When we first moved to Arizona Judyann was complaining that she didn't want to go to church with strangers!
I of course responded to her positively cuz I like people so much with the comment;  "strangers are just people we haven't met yet!"  I am pretty surprised at my outgoingness when I was young!  Daddy was barbering at Luke Air Force Base and Mom quickly got a job at Willis Linen Supply.
Japanese Gardens on Baseline in Phoenix
Daddy Me and Tom  (guy on right?? - it's his donkey!)


The Fashion!



One day in Day Care I fell off the merry go around and was sent to the Hospital diagnosed with Acute Hepatitis.  I was unconscious for 24 hours. The doctors and nurses were surprised when I was cheerful as soon as I woke up.  Mom says I told them "thank you for helping me" immediately!!!

In March Timmy came home from Fort Bragg.  He was headed out to Language school in California down by San Diego his first step to being a Green Beret.
Timmy 

Timmy - Green Beret  - on the job!!






We bought a horse riding stable in Phoenix Daddy named it The Double T Riding stable and tack Company!!! It was the first of many long years spent in a family divided between Mesa and Phoenix and later Tempe town too!  

Phoenix Riding Stable 48th Street and McDowell
Me and Mom, Daddy and Tom behind Judyann

The Family and the Relatives;

Blanding Utah at Grandma and Grandpas


1962 Tom and Lyn Lyman Family
Don Smith Family

THE WORLD AROUND ME;





The Beatles
Although I did not see West side story til much later This is it's year!
The Rolling Stones

Music was changing, media would never be the same!!!

No comments: