Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Matthew




Matthew, Sis, Olaf and Jorge
 Let's see...1975!  I was a senior in High School, the world was wonderful and I was the happiest I'd ever been in my life!  I was doing well in class, actually going to class!  I had a wonderful boyfriend - he had the greatest family!  I was the Laurel class President, I went to church and Mutual.  I was on the dance team at my high school, I was even attending seminary!!!
Yaaaa Life was good! 
My sister was expecting a baby, mom took a sometime off work to go be with her, I took a couple days off school to go be with her!!!  The kid would not come out!!! We stayed with some friends in town, her brother had the most beautiful eyes I'd ever seen.  The ocean in February is gray and windy and cold, but I loved it there in the winter.  He was to be born in a little rat hole of a hospital that was painted the ugliest green - I thought it so third world!!! He was so late that I had to go back to school.  Mom stayed with Sis.  Eleven days late this kid came into the world.  He had 7 holes in his heart.  My wonderful boyfriend Terry drove me down in his awesome car to pick them up and bring them to the Hospital so my baby nephew could have surgery, getting his holes sewed up!  Poor little guy, he was gray and had the most black hair on a baby I'd ever seen!  He went to one hospital and then got into a helicopter and flew to Phoenix to another hospital.  I so grateful for my little baby nephew. 
Sometimes life gives us crazy tragedy, sometimes life seems cold and dark and hard to survive in.  But the big picture is for life to be for eternity.  A life needs roots, a firm foundation, faith the Heavenly Father can really hear our prayers.  This boy is proof that He indeed does hear and answer prayers.   I only have the best and highest HOPES for he and his family and for the future of the REN! 
Aren't they SOOOO cute! miss you sis!!! I love your boys!

No comments: